RCVHN Canine Urinary S/O 2kg
If purchasing this product, you must be able to agree to all of these statements.
- I confirm that my pet was examined by a vet who recommended the use of the above product on the basis of his/her diagnosis.
- I have read and understood that whilst my pet is being fed on the above product it is recommended that I seek veterinary advice at least every 6 months regarding the usage of the above product.
- I have read and understood that I need to seek immediate veterinary advice if my pet’s condition deteriorates in any way whilst using the above product.
Available for Click and Collect
Available for Home Delivery
FREE UK Delivery on all orders over £35.00
£4.95 for UK Delivery on orders under £35.00
URINARY S/O is a complete dietetic feed for dogs formulated to dissolve struvite stones and reduce their recurrence through its urine acidifying properties, a low level of magnesium and a restricted level of protein, but of high quality. Indications Bacterial cystitis Dissolution of struvite uroliths Struvite and calcium oxalate urolithiasis Contraindications Pregnancy Lactation Growth Chronic renal failure metabolic acidosis Pancreatitis Hyperlipidaemia Heart failure Treatment with urine acidifying drugs Struvite Dissolution Urinary S/O Canine effectively dissolves struvite uroliths. An acidic urinary pH is unfavourable to the development of bacteria, which are frequently associated with struvite uroliths. Urine Dilution Diluting urine decreases the urinary concentration of struvites and calcium oxalates. The larger urinary volume also ensures regular bladder wash-out. Low RSS Undersaturated urine is an environment where crystals cannot proliferate. Thus the urine is unfavourable to the development of both struvite and calcium oxalate crystals. Low Magnesium Magnesium is a component of struvite (magnesium ammonium phosphate) uroliths. Reduced level of magnesium, a natural component of struvite crystals.
- Helps dissolve all types of struvite stones.
- Helps lower the concentration of ions contributing to crystal formation.
- Urine dilution makes the urine less liable to form struvite and calcium oxalate stones.
- Reduced level of magnesium, a natural component of struvite crystals.
Composition: Maize flour, rice, animal fats, dehydrated poultry protein, maize gluten, minerals, hydrolysed animal proteins, vegetable fibres, soya oil, fish oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, mono - and diglycerides of palmitic and stearic acids esterified with citric acid, marigold extract (source of lutein). Protein sources: dehydrated poultry protein, hydrolysed animal proteins.
Crude fibre: 2.2%. Protein: 18%. Additives: Vitamin A: 15500 IU, Vitamin D3: 1000 IU, E1 (Iron): 44 mg, E2 (Iodine): 4.4 mg, E4 (Copper): 13 mg, E5 (Manganese): 57 mg, E6 (Zinc): 147 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.06 mg, Urine acidifying substances: calcium sulfate (0.88%). Preservatives - Antioxidants.