Privacy, Data Protection and Cookies Policy
By giving your consent, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time. An explanation of your rights is set out below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and the GDPR, the data controller is Kennelpak Limited, whose registered office is at Palmer Drive, Off Bessel Lane, Stapleford, Nottingham, NG9 7BW.
Our nominated representative, as Data Protection Officer for the purpose of the Act is the Financial Controller.
If you are not satisfied with any action taken by us or response given, you have the right to complain to Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk, or help line telephone number: 0303 1231113.
What this policy also covers
This policy also explains:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected;
- What organisation is collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Kennelpak Limited's control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information; and
- How you can request the information we process and store to be removed.
There are other terms that may apply to you
In addition to this policy, please refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of our website:
- If you purchase goods or services via our website, our terms and conditions of supply will apply.
We may make changes to these terms and our website
We may update and change these terms and our website from time to time for a variety of reasons. By way of examples: to reflect changes to the good and services we offer, user’s needs, regulatory or legal requirements. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were updated on 10th October 2017.
Children under the age of 18
Persons under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our services and we ask that minors do not submit any personal information to us. We will not knowingly accept any data from a person who is under the age of 18 years.
Information We Collect from you
We will collect and process the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including [the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for' page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Use of your information
We will use the data collected about you in the following ways:
- to provide goods and/or services to you;
- to provide information about our business or products and/or services which may be of interest to you;
- to develop products and/or services;
- to notify you of changes to our products and/or services, including promotions and discounts;
- to understand our customer requirements and preferences, perform analysis and comparisons;
- to administer and update our website to ensure it runs smoothly on your hardware;
- to perform market research or analysis on customer preferences or trends.
Please also see below under “Cookies”.
Where we store your personal data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We do not use encryption to store your personally identifiable information. However, any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We take all reasonable organisation and technical steps to ensure that the information you supply to us over the internet is secure.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- You have the right to ask us to supply to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold in the event that it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us on email@example.com
- You have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- credit reference agencies to assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the shares in Kennelpak Limited are sold or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We use a number of different cookies on our website. This section explains the cookies we use and how we use them.
Cookies are small text files implanted by a website on the hard disks of visitors to the website which collects information about the visitors. For further detailed guidance and how to control or delete cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
If you do not wish to have cookies on your hard disk then you should either : (i) not use our website; or (ii) delete www.kennelgate.co.uk cookies having visited the site; or (iii) browse the website using your browser’s anonymous usage setting (called “Incognito” in Chrome, “InPrivate” for Internet Explorer, "Private Browsing" in Firefox and Safari etc.).
We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you and what you’ve put in the shopping basket. These we deem strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the website will not work - including the ability to place orders. Persistent Cookies for Site Analytics & Performance.
This cookie is used by Google to report to us how the adverts shown on www.kennelgate.co.uk are performing. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google and its policies and principles relating to its advertising activities at www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
This is very similar to the cookie above (both are owned/controlled by Google) but is specific to the display advertising on www.kennelgate.co.uk website. User data is anonymous. As above, you can find out more generally about Google and its policies and principles as regards advertising atwww.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
We use this to understand how the website is being used to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy and analytics service at www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview
On many of the pages of the website you will see ‘social buttons’. These enable users to share or bookmark the web pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook ‘Like’ and others. To implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of www.kennelgate.co.uk. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on www.kennelgate.co.uk. If you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases, these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting www.kennelgate.co.uk, and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on the button if you are logged into their services, like Google and Facebook. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
External Web Services and Links
We use a number of external web services on the www.kennelgate.co.uk website, mostly to display content within our web pages. For example; to show videos we use Vimeo and YouTube. This is not an exhaustive or complete list of the services we use, or might use in the future, when embedding content, but these are the most common. As with the social buttons we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
Some emails that we send you have no tracking in at all e.g. service emails such as order notifications. Other emails we send we put in tracking so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to our website but we do not know who has clicked so the data is anonymous e.g. our daily newsletter. Some emails we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on the email. We rarely use the latter information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them. Sometimes we do use the personal information e.g. to re-email people who didn’t click the first time. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked then you should opt out of Kennelpak Limited’s emails which you can do via My Account www.kennelgate.co.uk/login.
Surveys & Contests
From time to time our website may request information from users via surveys, contests or for a particular service (e.g. newsletter). Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice as to whether to disclose this information. Information requested will include contact information (as supplied to the website during registration) and may include supplementary information as appropriate to the survey or contest. We will use the contact information to notify winners. We will not publish winners' details on the website though on request we will provide details of any winner's name. If the survey or contest has a sponsor then we may share information given by entrants with the sponsor, but only with the user's consent.
To process payments online we require the billing address for the credit card used and your credit card details, which are passed to our payment processor, World Pay. For details of how this information is used, please see below.
We take online payments for our products and/or services. We use World Pay (UK) Limited (World Pay) as our external payment provider. In addition to the information outlined above, we require the billing address of the credit card you use so that we can pass this to World Pay who check the address against the cardholder's details for security purposes. We don't store the credit card details on our server but we do store the billing details and a unique reference to your card details on the World Pay server so that we can process refunds or so you can pay again with the same card more easily. We also use the billing details in case we need to contact you regarding payments e.g. for a failed transaction. World Pay requires that you provide your credit card details to process the transaction. This is done on our secure server and this data is passed immediately and securely to World Pay for their processing. All communications between our servers and World Pay over an encrypted connection using SSL (please see above).
If you have any further questions about our credit/debit card security policies, please call us on 0115 9399077 and speak to one of our team.
As part of the registration process for joining as a customer of Kennelpak Limited you have the opportunity to opt in or out to our marketing email communications. If at any stage you wish no longer to receive any emails that you receive from the website you can stop them coming by changing your preferences in the "Newsletter Preferences" section under "My Account". You can also opt-out directly by using the Unsubscribe links contained within these emails.
We do aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in aggregate to advertisers and for other marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you. There are some cases where we do pass on your personal details, however we only do this if you explicitly agree to this (i.e. you give us your consent), typically by checking an opt-in checkbox where the default position will be that you do not agree to your details being passed on. For example, where we have events such as Supplier Showcases you may choose to opt-in, at the time of registering for the event, to allow your details to be passed on to those presenting.
Payment and Credit Card Details
As explained above, we store a unique reference against your card details which allows us to process refunds automatically. Only the last four digits of your card number are available to Kennelpak Limited administration staff. The first twelve digits are hidden so that Kennelpak Limited staff cannot see your full card details. None of your card or billing details is published on the website in any way, nor are they visible to other users on your membership account.
Suppliers and Other Service Providers
From time to time we use third party Suppliers and Service Providers to facilitate our services. Where any Service Provider collects information directly from you (such as the situation where we ask a Service Provider to conduct a survey for us) you will be notified of the involvement of the Supplier or Service Provider, and all information disclosures you make will be strictly optional.
Control of Your Password
Except as specifically permitted by this section, you may not disclose your Kennelgate password to any third parties nor share it with any third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password by visiting the "Change Password" section in "My Account".
You may, however, disclose your password to certain third parties with whom Kennelpak Limited has entered into specific contractual and technical arrangements designed to safeguard your password, to enjoy the benefits of those third parties' services.
If you wish to change your password you can do so at any time through the "Change Password" section in "My Account" section of the website.
Reviewing and Changing Your Personally Identifiable Information
You can at any time review and change the information you submitted during registration by visiting the "My Account" section of the website.
You must promptly update your information if it changes. Once posted, you cannot change or remove any public postings made in our forums or other message areas or the feedback area.
Other Information Collectors
Except as otherwise expressly discussed in this policy, this document only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. To the extent that you disclose your information to other parties, whether they are other members of the website or other sites throughout the internet, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of the personal information you disclose to them.